Am I a Good Candidate for Gum Rejuvenation?
Gum recession brings many complications among our patients from the Newport News, Hampton Roads, Williamsburg VA and surrounding areas:
- Unattractive – Receding gums are unsightly. You may be embarrassed with your root recession. Roots are typically dark and unsightly, and the recession can cause your smile to look lopsided.
- Health Concerns – Periodontal disease is a real risk if you have receding gums. In addition, scientific research studies have also proven that there are strong links between periodontal disease and heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer and other serious health complications.
- Tooth Loosening or Loss – It is a difficult and rather frightening occurrence if your teeth are lose and begin to fall out. It can also be very expensive.
- Tooth Sensitivity – When roots of teeth are exposed due to recession, nerves are exposed that cause sensitivity to hot or cold.
- Decay on Roots – Roots of teeth are not protected by enamel and are very soft in comparison. Therefore, they decay rapidly and are difficult to restore.
Common Reasons for Receding Gums
Receding Gums can be attributed to any of these causes:
- BRUSHING FORCEFULLY | Whatever you were taught as a child regarding how to brush, brushing your teeth too forcefully, or at the wrong angle, can actually damage your gums and make them more susceptible to gum recession. Also, if you use a brush that is too hard or toothpaste that is too abrasive, you could be encouraging gum recession and exposed roots.
- WEAR AND TEAR | Because we use our teeth every day of our lives, they receive some natural wear and tear. However, because most of the damage progresses so slowly and does not hurt until its later stages, you may not even notice gum recession.
- GUM DISEASE | Almost eighty five percent of Americans suffer from periodontal (gum) disease in some stage or another. We see it every day in young and old patients in our Hampton Roads’ Newport News practice, but it is everywhere. If periodontal disease isn’t treated, gum recession and much worse can be the result.
- ORTHODONTIC THERAPY – Many times, the forces of braces cause thinning of bone over the roots of the teeth, making them susceptible to root recession.
- GENETICS – Many people are born with thin gum tissue and/or prominent roots, making gum recession a more common occurrence.
- GRINDING AND CLENCHING of TEETH | Bruxism, otherwise called “teeth grinding,” wears down your teeth. Combined with strenuous brushing and/or periodontal disease, you could be facing root recession.
If you are experiencing gum recession caused by any of the factors listed above, you are most likely a candidate for the gentle Pinhole Receding Gums Treatment™. Our Newport News office serving Hampton Roads, Williamsburg VA and surrounding areas provides a unique and scientifically solid solution that differs from previous gum grafting procedures. Gum grafting surgery without the Pinhole Receding Gums Treatment™ is typically very invasive and painful. Now, gum grafting surgery can be replaced by the far more desirable Pinhole Surgical Technique™.
We would be happy to schedule a consultation to see if you are an appropriate candidate for the Pinhole Receding Gums Treatment™ solution. Most all who suffer from gum tissue recession are qualified for this procedure and appreciate its profound benefits.
Call our Newport News office today and we would be happy to share more information about the Pinhole Receding Gums Treatment™ and why it would be an excellent treatment for you. We also serve the Williamsburg VA and Hampton Roads communities.